This blog is a dream. The start of something new and unchartered. I feel like Colombus, attempting to explore and chart out unseen territory with nothing more than his compass and his faith to guide him.
That is where I am.
It was Julie Powell that inspired me to begin this. I know that most of America knows her because of the newly release movie, Julie and Julia, that was just released in theaters. Perhaps I may seem to be nothing more than a mindless clone, simply following a legend. However, this is the truth. It's thanks to Julie, my fiance, and God that this idea is even remotely moving forward.
Julie Powell set out to do the impossible. More than 500 recipes in 365 days, following in the footsteps of one of the greatest chefs ever born. A desk clerk who hovered over phones became a blogging icon in less than one year. She was bursting with potential. So am I.
So this is solo Deo gloria. To the glory of God. And perhaps this will turn out to be nothing more than a checkpoint that my friends and family read. Perhaps it will sweep across the world. I don't know. All I know is that I am going to give it everything I have. I will captivate you. All I have is me and my thoughts.
So here I go....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment